Thursday, August 25, 2011

Even more crafty-ness, can you handle it?

My crafty talents know no limits. That's not even true, but I had a lot of fun putting together this project and I love how it turned out!


Tim made me the jewelry box in the corner of the picture (yes, he MADE it from scratch, completely on his own - amazing!) but I have a couple of necklaces that either get tangled in the box or are just too big, so I went in search of something that would be an easy DIY necklace hanger project. I had this general idea in mind, but I found this project with the cork and the fabric here and that's what I followed.

To make: I measured out two pieces of cork to fit inside my frame, then covered them with spray adhesive and placed my fabric on them. (Recognize this fabric?) I wrapped the ends of the fabric around the back of the cork and let it all dry overnight. I sprayed my frame with blue paint (it look three layers to cover the original black), let it dry, and put the cork inside the frame. Done! Then I got to play with the placement of the pins and necklaces, which is almost the best part.


As a side note, I recently joined Pinterest, and I'll be honest, I didn't really get the appeal right at first. Then I started looking at people's boards and searching for projects and about four hours later, I understood the appeal. I have to be careful not to spend too much time on it or I never get off!

No comments:

Post a Comment