Monday, August 15, 2011

Birthday weekend

I fail at taking pictures, but I had an awesome birthday weekend. It extended from my actual birthday on Thursday all the way until Sunday night at my parents' house. Even though this birthday was kind of a big one, I wasn't in the mood to try to put something huge together. Maybe that's a sign of getting old. Plus it started to get really stressful trying to decide when to do things, because my parents-in-law came into town for my niece's birthday (who shares a birthday with me, how fun is that?) and we weren't sure of their plans and there were just several things to be juggled. So, I opted for smaller and simpler.

On my actual birthday, I worked for just half a day and then came home to the best surprise ever - Tim had cleaned the house! He totally tricked me into thinking he was at work too but actually he was home, sweeping and mopping (my least favorite chore), taking down the curtains and washing them, washing the windows, vacuuming, scrubbing the bathroom, and pretty much just making it the best birthday ever. Then we went to Tucanos for lunch, saw a movie, went to Borders, got ice cream, and finished the night with Gilmore Girls. It was perfect.

Then on Friday we had a party in our backyard for family and friends who count as family. We were going to attempt dinner but it felt like too much work so cake and ice cream won the day. I had fun decorating with my pom pom garlands and all the candles we own. I took just a few pictures, but I had a lot of fun!






Then Saturday was the party for my niece Grace who turned one. It was also a ton of fun and I did a much better job taking pictures:






And then Sunday night was a birthday dinner and presents at my parents' house. My family completely spoiled me. It was a great end to several days of partying.


You know, even though I am now 25 and in my mid-twenties instead of early twenties, I don't feel old. It was a milestone birthday, but not in a bad way. I feel pretty good about 25, so happy birthday to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment