Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The birthday weekend that kept on going...

So I lied. Yesterday's birthday post was incomplete - the last (and best) surprise was still to come!

Monday night, I asked Tim to find out what his parents' plans were so we could see them before they left for California. Tim told me that they were having dinner at a park - he was very unspecific. I came home a little early from work (via the store because Tim said we needed to take chips and cups to dinner), got ready to go, and was a little surprised at how quickly Tim volunteered to drive us to the park.

We chatted as we drove through the pouring rain, got to the park, and that's when I noticed my grandparents' truck in the parking lot. Then I noticed a ton of people I recognized (some all dressed up) sitting on the benches under the pavilion and I realized that it was a surprise party. For me! I've never had a surprise party before, and Tim planned one for me with my friend Jen for after my birthday so I would have no idea. And I didn't - I was in complete shock. (But the good kind.)

The party was fantastic! Lots of my friends my high school were there, plus most of my Herrick family and friends, and my grandparents and brother. Tim had prepared a ton of food (totally without me knowing - apparently he got done making it exactly two minutes before I got home from work) and possibly best of all, it was a regency-themed surprise party (think Jane Austen). My sister-in-law Chelsea and her sister Crystal made me a dress and a matching hat so I would be able to dress up too. I couldn't believe it! It was beautiful. And so many things started making sense - like Jen asking for my dress size (I thought she was trying to find me a birthday gift) or Tim wanting to know who I'd invite if we were having a big birthday party, or Tim suggesting I stay a little later at work so I could get caught up. They were so sneaky.

Since I was completely unprepared for the party, I didn't take any photos, but I grabbed a couple from Crystal's blog and Crystal is an amazing photographer. I can't believe how beautifully they came out!





Thank you, thank you, thank you Tim and Jen for an amazing birthday party, and thank you to everyone who came. I felt so loved and remembered on my 25th birthday. You are all amazing, and I am so lucky to have you all in my life.

3 comments:

  1. Two words: Regency MODEL. You look gorgeous! What a fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really did look great. You guys are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh so much fun!!! Happy quarter of a century darling dear :)

    ReplyDelete