Monday, August 29, 2011

Party like it's 1981

My brother-in-law Rob turned 30 last week and we decided that warranted an above-awesome party. And since he was born in 1981, that meant it was 80s themed!



From the playlist (Cyndi Lauper, Tiffany, Michael Jackson, and Madonna anyone?) to the food (pizza and buffalo wings) to the snacks (grape soda, chips, Pop Rocks) to the ThunderCats cake, it was incredible. We really outdid ourselves, especially with the costumes. It was surprisingly easy to come up with 80s-looking clothes; I even had the ankle-high boots, minus the fringe (the boots I had when I was six had fringe and rhinestones, don't even worry about it)

The rest can be told in pictures, starting with the amazing ThunderCats cake Tim whipped up:

The whole party, with the original Mario Brothers game on the TV


Chelsea and her adorable daughter Addison with the Pop Rocks

Colin, Christian, and Jen

Grace playing with the cool sunglasses

Paul and Bekah

Rob the Birthday Boy and Valerie

Me and Tim



It was a great party and to be totally honest, made me like the 80s a little more than I ever have before!

No comments:

Post a Comment