Thursday, January 20, 2011

Crafty-ness

Confession: I'm not a crafty person. I work for a publishing company that produces six scrapbooking/card/jewelry/crafting magazines, I write the text for five of them, and yet, I do not consider myself a crafty person. Part of it is the lack of resources; even if I wanted to scrapbook my photos, I don't have the tools I need to make it look nice. But I admit that the larger part of it is that most of the time, I lack the patience. I like to get things done, and if I don't know what I'm doing, my creative energy tires out fairly quickly.

That being said, I do like projects. I really do. I like having something to work on over a longish period of time, goals to mark off, a sense of creative accomplishment. So, with that introduction, I have pictures of my first (successful) crafty project, made with my new sewing machine from Christmas!

Exhibit A: One of the ugly throw pillow that came with our couch


Exhibit B: One of the pretty pillowcases I made (it took me only three tries to get it perfect)


Exhibit C: My couch with my pretty pillows


Ta-da! It's so silly, but I am proud of my pillowcases. This is the first thing I've made with my sewing machine and it turned out pretty darn good. Next challenge: finding something to do with all the leftover material...

No comments:

Post a Comment