Monday, April 9, 2012

Was it really only a week?

For some reason, last week felt like two weeks or something. I started counting all the things we did and I couldn't believe it was only one week of our lives! And of course I didn't take pictures of anything. I'm very lame like that lately.

First there was General Conference last weekend which was, as always, wonderful. We helped my friend Jen move into a new apartment that weekend and ended up watching a lot of Conference at her place, then we spent half of Sunday at my parents' house. Pretty good weekend!

Then last Wednesday, we went to my next baby appointment. I switched from my regular doctor to working with a group of midwives so I can deliver at the hospital I want to deliver at and we're good with the switch so far! This was the first appointment where we got to hear the baby's heartbeat (my old doctor was all fancy and used a mini-ultrasound machine instead of a Doppler) and it was so awesome. It took a minute to find the heartbeat because, in Sue's words, she was chasing a moving target. We even got to hear the baby give a kick (it was a bigger whoosh than the heartbeat).

Then the weekend came around again and we partied hard. We went out for a real date on Friday night (first one in two months!), celebrated my grandpa's 87th birthday on Saturday night, and celebrated Easter and my sister Rachel's birthday on Sunday. It was a very full weekend!

The most amazing part of that crazy week was that I actually started to feel like a normal person instead of a constantly sick and tired pregnant woman. I have some of my energy back and food is staying down (knock on wood), so life has become much more enjoyable. Don't know why it took sixteen weeks to get to this point but I'm glad we finally made it here!

3 comments:

  1. That is awesome! Which group of midwives do you see? I love the ones at MTWHC in AF.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm seeing the midwives that work with/under Valley Obstetrics and Gynecology. The office is in the Timpanogos Hospital's physician center but they most deliver at Orem Community Hospital. I've also heard really good things about the midwives in AF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great! Everyone I know who has delivered at Orem Comm, really loves it. I like midwives better than doctors because they let you determine what you want, whether it be drugs or no drugs, etc...

    ReplyDelete