Monday, January 30, 2012

Word(s) of the Day, Part 6b

Okay, I had to do a follow-up. I just keep getting more crazy words!

birr \bur\, noun:
1. A whirring sound.
2. Emphasis in statement, speech, etc.
3. A whirring sound. (Wait, again?)
verb:
1. To move with or make a whirring sound.

hotchpot \HOCH-pot\, noun:
The bringing together of shares or properties in order to divide them equally.
(Plain ol' "hodgepodge" isn't good enough for us anymore, apparently.)

Tim and I decided to start coming up with our own new words; so far we have "ahaps" (instead of "perhaps"), "strall" (instead of "stroll"), and instead of using "ing" at the end of words, we use "ib": I was walkib to the store and talkib on my phone, etc. Why? Because we can, and that's apparently how it works. Gotta love the English language!

No comments:

Post a Comment