Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Life Update

January is flying by, surprisingly - maybe it's because of the semi-warm weather we've been having up until yesterday? Usually January and February and so cold and gray, they just seem to go on forever. I wish we had snow so things weren't so brown and yuck, but I'm really not complaining about speeding through January.

Anyhow, here's the quick run down of our lives right now:

1. Hawaii!!! We leave six weeks from today! I still can't believe we're going but I'm so excited. It's going to be awesome.

2. P90X. Totally kicking our butts. Like, I can't stand up or sit down without help. But hey, if it helps us get/look more ready for Hawaii, we'll keep doing it! (Or at least trying...)

3. Work. Tim is loving his new job at Novell. He gets to contribute and knows what he's doing and I hear he's quickly becoming an important part of his team. Go Tim! And I have been extra motivated to get a lot done at work (I'm still writing and editing for Northridge Publishing) so I can go on vacation without worrying about what's going on at the office. It's kind of fun to have some goals to work towards - right now there are eleven things on my priority list that I need to get done before we go to Hawaii and I'm going to do them all, baby!

4. School. Tim's taking two computer classes this semester and I think we both got used to the month-long vacation schedule. It's been hard for both of us to get back into the groove and figure out how to schedule in his homework while still getting enough sleep. Workin' on it.

5. Scrubs. I quite enjoyed watching this show with my family back in the day and I love that I got Tim hooked on the show now too. We've already torn through seasons 1 through 4 and I have a feeling season 5 will be done in just a few days...yeah, we might be slightly obsessed...

And...that's really all that's going on right now. Everyday is just work, school/homework (for Tim), P90X, sleep, and repeat. We've been trying out various protein shake recipes (yum), along with recipes for homemade blueberry pancakes with whipped cream and Wisconsin cauliflower soup. There's been lots of good eating lately. Lots of free time spent on projects (Tim's creating a game, I've got some crafty things up my sleeve) and in general, we're just trying to balance all the things we've got going on. So, in other words, pretty typical January.

(Except for the warm weather part.)

1 comment:

  1. Scrubs is the best show ever. But skip season 8- ABC ruins it. Though the very last episode is worth it. Adam and I both SOBBED.

    ReplyDelete