Sunday, October 24, 2010

She's married!!!

My sister got married yesterday! And in spite of the rain and wind (which conveniently died down when we took pictures), it was a beautiful day. It was so incredibly special to see my little sister in her temple clothes in the sealing room with her sweet husband, and to have my little brother sitting next to me during the ceremony. I felt so proud and privileged to be there, and I'm not ashamed to admit, I was very tearful, especially when I hugged my newly married sister.

The rest of the day went well, too. Rachel was absolutely gorgeous (is anyone surprised?) and she and Jase looked so happy. I wish I had some pictures to post, but my camera is broken and so I'll have to borrow some and post them later. Rachel just wanted a luncheon following the ceremony (no reception), so set up and clean up weren't too bad, and the decorations turned out to be really lovely. I think the most fun part was the photo booth that Jase's family set up. Rachel and Jase put together a bunch of silly costume items so we all dressed up and did silly pictures. And the coolest part of the day? Jase surprised Rachel with a limo to take them to Park City after the luncheon!

We were done cleaning up by about 4:00 and back to my parents' house and in pajamas less than an hour later. It was lovely, but so strange to be done with a wedding so early! It felt like a separate day altogether. That might be why I still don't know what to think about Rachel being married--it doesn't seem real. Jase has been a part of our family for a while, so it doesn't really feel like anything's changed. We're a family of seven now, adding people here and there. It feels right to add these boys to our family, though. And I'm excited to have life get a little less crazy and stressful, especially for Rachel.

Jase and Rachel are so perfect together, and I'm absolutely thrilled for them. Hooray for weddings and temple marriages and beautiful days!

No comments:

Post a Comment