Tuesday, October 19, 2010

A post about my husband, whom I love

Maybe it's because my sister is getting married and I've been remembering my own wedding, but I wanted to write something about how amazingly sweet my husband is. I probably won't tell him I wrote this, because he would be soooo embarrassed, but it's all true.

Tim was sick today. I overzealously checked in on him every hour or so, just a quick "You okay? Need anything?" He usually sent back something like, "No, but thanks," and I was satisfied. During one of our exchanges, my phone buzzed an extra time and I looked down to read, "Do you need anything?" And I just melted. That little phrase made me feel so cared for.

Later, I got home later than I said I would and Tim came out to meet me. He got to the car before I'd even opened my door. "I didn't know where you were" was all he said to explain the anxious crease between his eyes. I felt bad that I had worried him, but again, I suddenly felt so...precious to him.

Tim is amazingly good at making me feel loved. I have never, ever doubted how he feels about me, not even when we very first starting dating. He was never shy in expressing himself, even though I was. When we were dating and engaged, we spent most of our time thousands of miles apart and so when we were together, we tended to overcompensate for the separated months. This garnered us some relentless teasing and ridicule, and though we deserved some of it, it made me afraid to express myself. Tim got the worst of the teasing, but I marveled at his ability to brush most of it off. He didn't care if we were doing things "right," like I did. He just cared about me and making me sure I knew it.

Now that we don't have to rely on Skype to see each other every day, we're more relaxed about our time together and can spend time apart. But I think the fear and pain of separation have left an indelible mark on both of us. We're still affectionate and cutesy and yes, probably a little nauseating. And you know what? I love it.

I love that we're cute and cuddly and silly. I love that we say "I love you" a hundred times a day. I love that I fall asleep every night with Tim's arm around me and that we spend ten minutes cuddling in bed every morning. I love that the first thing I do when I get home from work is hug and kiss my husband. I love that nothing calms me more than Tim's hands cradling my face. I just love my husband, and I want to make sure he feels that as often as I feel his love for me.

P.S. I changed my mind. I am going to show this to Tim. He will absolutely be embarrassed, but I think that he will also like it.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you wrote this!! Adam and I are the same way. And i HATE being separated from him. I cant imagine how hard your engagement must have been. I am glad I am not the only one who tells my husband I love him about every ten minutes :)

    ReplyDelete