Thursday, September 23, 2010

The 11th Thing

(I knew I forgot something on that list...)

11. National Public Radio! I love listening to NPR when I drive to and from jobs. It makes me feel smart and informed. Today I listened to a talk show about Mormon feminists. I've heard about books, music, the current administration, the current economy, peace talks in the Middle East, Islam, religion-based search engines, genetically engineered salmon, Americans imprisoned in Iran, pirate lawyers, the Tea Party and its financial backers, the primary elections, foreclosures, and a woman who was mistaken for a whale and harpooned in Montenegro.

Oh yeah, I'm informed.

4 comments:

  1. A woman was mistaken for a whale? And harpooned? Did she survive? If so I think that is a sign that it is time for a diet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot what a freakishly good memory you have. These days, I'm finding myself remembering and forgetting information simultaneously. It's pretty impressive, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin, the woman was fine. I mean, she had to go to the hospital for several days, but she didn't die. Possibly rather embarrassed, though.

    Lisa, remembering and forgetting simultaneously is very impressive. I believe it's called "Pregnant Brain." A common malady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. And Lisa? It doesn't go away after the whole "pregnant" thing ends. Because then there's the whole "kid" thing. And instead of Pregnancy Brain you have Mama Brain.

    Kate- I too am impressed. And mortified for that woman. Wow.

    ReplyDelete