Friday, June 25, 2010

How do you measure a year of your life?

(Warning: Major sappiness ensues. Read at your own risk.)

Dear Tim,

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe it's been a year--it went so fast and so slow at the same time. The last year has been...well, you know how it's been. Wonderful and stressful and hard and so much fun at the same time. Thank you for listening and learning and working with me to make it through all these months, and for being patient with me and my emotions. I'm glad the year is over, but I wouldn't have missed it or traded it for anything.

This time last year, we were running around trying to get ready for the Big Day tomorrow. I don't remember much about the 25th, except the stress and tears that were always just beneath the surface. But from the minute I woke up on the 26th, I was only happy, and that feeling never left. I remember a lot of things from that day, but you and your smile are most clear in my mind: meeting you at the temple, sitting together and waiting in the Celestial room (and waiting, and waiting), singing together at the luncheon, laughing in the rain as the storm finally broke over our reception. Even while I was hugging other people and taking pictures and smiling my face off, I was always most conscious of you and your happiness. Thank you for such a joyful day.

I love you so much! My life is so much better with you in it. Thank you for loving me so completely! I love you too, and I can't wait to start the next year of our life together. We're not perfect people, but we are perfect together.

Love,
Your Kah-tay

No comments:

Post a Comment