Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Addison!

I am an aunt!!! My very first niece was born early this morning, and even though I am two states away and won't be able to go down to California for a couple of weeks, I am so excited! Congratulations Scott and Chelsea!!! Addison was born around 5:00 am, 7 lb 11.5 oz, 20 in. and lots of dark hair. She's absolutely beautiful. I wish I had pictures to share, but alas, those will have to wait until the aforementioned trip. Her nickname is Biscuit (long story), and I have a feeling that's what we're going to be calling her for quite a long time.

I want to take this opportunity to say that though I love talking about pregnancy and birth and newborns right now and am interested in any and all details surrounding those topics, I am not pregnant. Nor do I want to be anytime soon. There are days when I just feel surrounded by friends who are pregnant and having babies and raising kids, and occasionally, I feel very left out. I can't wait to have my own kids, to see what they look like (it's anyone's guess how my genes and Tim's genes will mesh), to stay at home and be a mom and watch Tim be a dad. But the truth is, I can wait because now is not the right time, and it probably won't be the right time for quite a while. Which is sad, considering I'm already sick of well-meaning people (all of whom I love) asking me if I'm pregnant, if I'm thinking about it, if I'm baby hungry.

So, to answer these questions: no; all the time but not seriously; and yes, but it doesn't take much until I'm full. Believe me, when I'm ready to start having kids, you're all going to hear about it. Just be patient. And enjoy baby Addison in the meantime.

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOU. I LOVE that you have a blog. And I love that you are also surrounded by friends who are having babies and yet you dont and you are done with them asking you :) I am right there with you sister! And I love you. And miss your hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOO glad that you started a blog!! Because I just finished your thesis and was already having withdrawals. Do you know what the best part of reading your thesis was? It was my guilty-pleasure reading, yet when someone asked me what I did last night, I'd say, "I was reading my friend's Masters thesis," and they'd say "woah," like it was impressive. Joke's on them! It was the most fun, lovely reading ever!

    ReplyDelete