Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Miracles

Sometimes, things just don't go your way. Sometimes decisions are hard, life is stressful, and everything seems broken. Sometimes, no matter how hard you try or how often you pray, you just can't get things to work out.

But then sometimes, everything falls into place. Just. Like. That.

The last week and a half have been insane--I had three job interviews, Tim had one, and between the two of us, we walked away with three new jobs.

That's right: Tim and I are both employed!

I don't know if I can fully explain how it all happened, but life and job hunting literally just fell into place yesterday. I'm going to be writing and editing for a magazine, and Tim is working as an IT guy at a financial firm. We found jobs in our fields, jobs that pay enough for us to live, and that start right away. Plus I also still have my two part-time teaching jobs. And we really did nothing to get these jobs and opportunities. It was one of those incredible times when Heavenly Father just handed us some blessings and as we stood, open-mouthed with our arms full, He just smiled and said, "You're welcome."

I don't know if anyone but Tim will ever really know how stressful the last few months have been. We tried very hard to hide it from everyone else, but truthfully, the lack of employment has been a very, very heavy weight we've been carrying. I know we were lucky--we only had that burden for three months. But to have it completely lifted in less than two weeks, to see how perfectly things worked out, to feel free of such a large burden...well, I'm not sure that I could ever describe that either.

We have jobs. I thought that when that happened, I'd want to write a blog post full of exclamation points and excitement and giddy joy, but now that it's happened and not through my own power or resources, I am only full of quiet, fervent gratitude. If it weren't for the mice, life would be perfect.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post. I'll have to hear what magazine it is so I can start reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, it's actually several magazines: scrapbookking, homemade crafts, cards, and holiday ideas. Should be fun!

    ReplyDelete