Wednesday, June 13, 2012

General update because I am a blog slacker lately

My sister-in-law Bekah recently asked me if I was enjoyed being pregnant and I honestly answered, "I'm enjoying not being sick." Those first few months were rough, but the last two months have been lovely and I think I've been trying to make up for the forced inactivity of February and March by never sitting still since then. Seriously, ask Tim - I can't not be doing something. Even when we're just chilling on the couch or in bed, I'm rubbing his shoulders or folding laundry or eyeing the room, looking for something to clean/organize/get rid of.


For all that, it doesn't feel like there's too much to update - life is just going along pretty smoothly. Tim has found his niche at his job and is really enjoying working at Novell. I am constantly busy at my job and constantly trying to stay on top of everything (hasn't happened yet). Every Tuesday we go to the Orem City Center park to play games. I started my Hypnobabies classes and work on that every day. Tim celebrates his 27th birthday in a week and a half; we're celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary at the end of the month with a trip down to Torrey. Tim has one summer class to get through in July (ugh) and then in August, we're going to celebrate my 26th birthday with a weekend in Salt Lake and Wicked tickets (thanks Mom!). And then we are just going to count down until this little girl (it's a girl! in case that blog post got buried) decides to join us and savor every minute together. And that's about it.


Except that's not completely true. There are other things going on too, like Tim's work contract being up in September, and a lack of insurance, and trying to save money like crazy. Last night we talked about all the maybes of life and our contingency plans if everything falls through. Here's the thing - we talked about it without fear. Even though these realities and uncertainties are very much a part of our lives, we aren't afraid of them. Because the truth is, we did not pick when to have this baby. If it had been up to us, she would have been born last month, and then if we'd have our second choice, she'd be due before the end of August when I lose my insurance. But she's due three weeks later, around the time Tim's contract with Novell is up. This isn't in our hands; it never was. 


Two summers ago I spent nearly every day afraid of the uncertainty of the future, putting on a brave face when I talked to other people about our situation, but inwardly questioning the wisdom of our choices. And then, everything worked out. We didn't wait around for that to happen; we worked hard to catch the blessings that came to us. But it wasn't us. And we know that this uncertain situation we've found ourselves in isn't us either. We'll be taken care of, one way or the other. I marvel at the blessings that are still coming from that summer's decisions, not the least of which is the ability to face this summer so calmly.


So there you have it - that's the full update of what's really going on. Bottom line: life is just good right now. Not perfect, but really, really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment