Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Anniversary

Dear Tim,
Three years seems like it should be a long time, but it doesn't feel like it at all. I've been wondering if our newly married selves would be surprised at where we are three years later, and I don't think they would. I think they'd be very reassured to know that thee years after the best day of their lives, they'd be comfortable, enjoying their jobs, happily anticipating a new baby, and still be madly in love with each other. 


Do you remember waiting in the temple that day? Mostly I remember how at the time, it really didn't matter at all. Being together in the Celestial room was amazing and after waiting apart for so many months, another thirty minutes didn't seem like so much at all. You have always been worth waiting for and I have always enjoyed waiting with you. I can't think of anyone else I'd like to take this journey with as much as you. Thank you for taking it with me.


Our anniversary celebrations feel a little muted this year, but I think it's been just right for us. I am very content with where we are and where we're headed, and I think we're both just enjoying the flow for now. Thank you for knowing my mind - quite literally! - and for knowing me and loving me so completely. You are so kind, so amazing, so special to me and I love you forever, mi querido.


Love, 
your Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment