Thursday, June 28, 2012

Busy month! And of course I took almost no pictures

June always turns into a crazy month for us, between Father's Day and family birthdays and our anniversary (which usually involves going out of town). This year was no exception, but it was full of very fun things! My cousin Anna was in town for just a few days but found time to throw me a baby shower with my dad's sisters. It was so great and I was so grateful for everyone's advice and gifts - I already feel much more prepared for this baby!

Sunday the 17th was Father's Day which meant treating Tim to his favorite breakfast (German pancakes) and spending time at my parents' house. My dad wanted meaningful, handmade gifts so I craftily put together a frame with the "Keep calm and carry on" poster inside; Ethan made him coupons; and Rachel and Jase outdid us all with a dollar-shaped pinata with Dad's face on it, filled with candy and sweet notes from his kids, that he whacked into submission between bouts of hysterical laughing. I think pinatas should always be a part of Father's Day because it was hilarious! And an all-around very lovely evening.


Tuesday the 19th we celebrated Tim's birthday with a BBQ and games in the park. Tim made homemade root beer for the first time and it turned out pretty delicious! I need to remember every year to let Tim make something for his birthday - it's really the best part for him. Thanks to everyone who was able to come and party with us! Tim had fun, which was the whole point, and it was great to see you all. (Special thanks to Rob, Christian, and Anna for participating in the most hilarious game of Werewolves I've ever played. That was amazing.)

Wednesday the 20th Tim and I celebrated his actual birthday with dinner at Tucanos and a movie - we finally saw The Avengers! There was also some work involved but overall, it was a good day. I think Tim enjoyed it, so I count it as a success!
That next Friday we took off work early and headed down to Torrey for an anniversary celebration. It was just about the most relaxing weekend I've ever had - we just enjoyed ourselves, slept in and took naps, listened to an audio book, played games, and spent an hour watching the stars under a perfectly clear sky with our massive quilt under and around us to keep off the bugs. The only thing that made it uncomfortable was the heat in the afternoon but with a little ingenuity on Tim's part (a fan blowing on dry ice), we stayed bearably cool. The best part? We bought these darling shirts for our little girl to wear next summer when we take her with us to Torrey.
This Monday after our weekend away, Tim started his one summer class and thankfully it looks like it's not going to be too much stress. It's only a few weeks long so we're just going to get through it as quickly as possible and happily mark it off at the beginning of August. And this morning we went to our appointment with the midwife - I did the glucose test (yuck) and we got to hear our baby's heartbeat, albeit only for a few seconds at a time because she literally did not stop moving the entire time the midwife was trying to find it. Now that she's getting bigger, I can tell exactly just how active she is and holy cow, we're going to have a hyper hypo on our hands in a few months! 

No comments:

Post a Comment