Sunday, June 5, 2011

It never gets old

I don't know how it's possible, but going to Torrey and Capitol Reef never gets old, boring, or less-then-beautiful. It's a magical place, that Torrey. I highly recommend it.

Because of school and work, Tim and I didn't get to go down to Torrey until Friday afternoon and then we had to come back Saturday night, but we sure did have a good time in the intervening 24 hours! (Well, mostly. Tim hurt his back this week at work moving furniture so he mostly got to rest and nap while I was out hiking with our friends. But it was still lovely, all around.)

Hiking Cohab Canyon




Dinner around the fire pit


Hiking Sulfur Creek (literally through the Creek -- so much fun!)








The only bad part was that I came home with blisters and extremely sore muscles, so that walking was more of a hobbling today and shoes were not possible so I had to wear my flip-flops to church. Add that on top of my still-terrible sunburn from last week and I make a pretty pathetic picture. But as I said a couple of times while we were hiking, "What are we if not adventurers?"

No comments:

Post a Comment