Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Endings and beginnings

Today was a big day for me. Well, sort of. Today I taught my last ACT prep class with Sylvan Learning, and it feels great to be done. I really appreciated the job when it came along, and it's been a good teaching experience, and yes, it was only two to three hours out of my week, but I'm not sorry to have it end. Leaving my writing job to drive to American Fork during rush hour once a week has definitely not been my favorite thing to do. I'm really looking forward to having a more even schedule during the week and getting home before 8 on Tuesday nights. Mostly, it's something I was able to take off my plate and even though it's just a small amount of time that I've reclaimed, it makes me feel so much more in control.

And while I've been counting down to this ending, Tim has started counting down the days until the next big beginning...starting classes at UVU! After struggling with BYU's policies for classes, tuition, and grading for two years, we finally decided to make the switch, and I could not be more thrilled. School has been just awful for Tim, and consequently for me, and we both feel like UVU will be a much better fit. Their class schedules are much more flexible and Tim can walk to school now instead of leaving an hour early and praying for an open parking space (and sometimes not getting one--he has ever missed class because he couldn't find a parking space). He's going to start with the summer semester and go from there. We're still getting the details ironed out but we're both way excited for this new beginning.

Endings. Beginnings. Spring is definitely a time for change, and I'm so grateful that after winter we get this yearly opportunity to grow and make changes and clean out our lives, even if there is still snow on the mountains (an occasionally on our cars).

P.S. Happy 22nd birthday dear sister Rachel!

1 comment:

  1. That's so good for you guys! It's always nice to make a positive change in life. Luke really likes UVU as well and has has a good experience, except with the math department, everyone says they suck. The majority of the teachers have worked in their field though, so they have a lot of experience. Hope things continue going well for you! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete