Friday, July 9, 2010

Letters I've been meaning to send

Dear Job That I Currently Have and Dislike,

We are so over. I will not miss you when we're completely through. Yes, we had our good times, but there were some bad times too. Lots of them. Most of them, in fact. You were demanding, confusing, difficult, contradictory, and had expectations that were entirely too high. If you wanted to expect that much of me, you should have given more back. The effort in this relationship was all on one side.

I know you'll go on without me, and I'm glad. I'm moving on too.

Disregards,
Kate


Dear Elusive New Job That's Perfect For Me,

Where are you? I'm looking for you everywhere. I know you're out there, waiting for me too. I think I love you already. This isn't just a rebound--I'm in it to stay. I'll be true to you as long as you treat me how I deserve. And I promise I'll do my best to leave the emotional baggage from my last job at home.

I want you to know that I'm not picky. I don't care where you are or what you look like--I just want to find you. I can wait if you need some time, but don't forget that I'm here.

Your trying-to-be-patient,
Kate


Dear Temporary Part-Time Jobs,

I adore you. All of you. Thank you for being there for me and getting me through this rough patch. You are amazing, and you have the best sense of timing. I owe you, I really do.

All my gratitude,
Kate

2 comments:

  1. oh baby, the stress--the stress. Hold on. Hang on. Hold off. Hang out. Hold tight. Holy moly. Holy cow. Holy guacamole. O holy night. That's it. Turn to God. Love you, mom

    ReplyDelete