Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Georgie at 6 months


I am six months old today! I celebrated by going to the doctor's office and getting shots. Plus I ended up being a model for one of Mama's magazines - hope those pictures turned out alright! I held as still as I could. I didn't so much care for the doctor (he was not my mama!) or the shots. The doctor said I grew two inches and gained two pounds since my last check-up. More than the last time, but I'm still just little.


We also celebrated my half-birthday with rice cereal. I think I liked it! I mostly liked to grab the spoon and chew on it. I still chew and suck on everything I can reach , and lately I especially like to grab faces and hair. The surest way to get me to smile is to sing a song and wiggle me around so I'm dancing, but sometimes I get a little coy and try to hide my face when people are watching. I'm pretty sure they think I'm adorable and, well, gosh that just makes me blush.


I love to kick anything that's in front of me, anything below me, and up in the air just for fun while I'm lying down. I can get pretty much anywhere I want by rolling over now and once I'm on my tummy, I can scoot around in a circle. No crawling yet but I'm trying! I like to stand with help and I'm so close to sitting up by myself - I still tend to tip over, especially when I'm reaching for things. 


I am old enough now to get scared of people I don't know (they tell me it's called "stranger danger") and it doesn't take me long to decide I don't want to be held by someone new. Loud noises scare me now and the sound of paper ripping is the worst. This makes it tricky for Mama and Daddy to get some of their work done at Mama's office when I'm around. I go to work with Mama once or twice a week and usually I'm pretty good. It makes for a long day for both of us, though!


I stopped sleeping at night when we moved to my grandparents' house about a month ago, and it's only gotten worse since then. I wake up my mom sometimes as many as eight times at night and usually the only thing that calms me down is eating. She says she's going to make me cry it out one of these nights and I don't think any of us are going to like that. I love  seeing my Nana and Grandfather everyday, though. I have a special little smile and games that I play only with them, and Mom and Dad love having the extra hands to hold and entertain me. Other than the lack of sleep, everything has been really great at our new house and everything is pretty good with me too!

No comments:

Post a Comment