Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Nesting

So nesting is a real thing. We hit September (literally) and my inner alarm clock went off. All summer I've been mentally counting down to now, saying that once we made it to September, this baby could come anytime. That really hit me this weekend, and so I've been on a sort of nesting frenzy. At least, that's where I assume the bursts of energy are coming from. Rearranging furniture, cleaning, making lists - I just feel like I'm running out of time. And I guess I am - this little girl is due in two weeks! I started out the summer with a very long list of stuff I wanted to get done around the house, and after I got really stressed out about not being able to fit it all in, I started making cuts. I realized that I could have a baby even if the spare room closet was not cleaned out or if my car was not vacuumed. I eventually a made a must-do list and now I'm even starting to cross things off of that. I mean, there are some things that can only happen before the baby is born - there's no point in touring the hospital afterward - but other things can wait if they have to. That's what I keep telling myself, anyway, and I think it's working. 

To cut to the chase: 38 weeks and I'm nesting. Lots of contractions but nothing super strong or long. Lots of things to get done at work but I'm on track to finish it all this week. Lots of things to get ready around the house but with Tim's help, I think I'll get it all done. A few things left to do before I'll feel ready to have a baby. We're days, not weeks, away from meeting our little girl and underneath the stress, I'm so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment