Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Vacation, or There and Back Again

We're back from almost two weeks of vacation, and I can't believe it's over already. It was a prefect mix of anniversary celebrations and family time, and it was just amazing. Some people go on vacation for the beautiful scenery; some for the fun sites. Some people go hiking, some go to the beach; some go to visit family, some go with family. We just did it all. San Francisco (Jelly Belly factory on the way), down to Monterey (where we went to the aquarium, Fisherman's Wharf, the beach, and shopping), then along the Pacific Coast Highway (GORGEOUS), down to Tim's family in Moreno Valley (home sweet home) and back up to meet my family in Torrey to finish off (Apple Days parade, hiking, and lots of naps). We didn't even mind the driving so much (except through SF, that was awful) because we were listening to podcasts of "Wait wait...don't tell me!" It was relaxing and fun and I loved that it was one big loop that took in almost every kind of landscape. Like I said, just amazing.

I took an obscene number of pictures, so here are just a tiny smattering to illustrate what I'm saying:















No comments:

Post a Comment