Sunday, October 7, 2012

Conference weekend

As much as I love General Conference weekend (and I do!), it took a back seat to staring at (and feeding, changing, bathing, and calming) this cutie:


We've survived the first 10 days, mostly with a lot of help from my mom. Tim is going to go back to work tomorrow and I'll be on my own for the afternoons. We are still trading off being awake at night but hopefully we'll be able to all three sleep at night (and all in the same room) soon. Georgie is a very chill baby, for the most part. Just in the last couple of days she's started to sleep less and fuss and scream more, which is to be expected now that she's not brand new. But she's generally pretty easy to calm and we are starting to recognize her cues better, which definitely helps. Mostly we think she's adorable and that makes even the screaming easier to deal with.

I am feeling pretty good, up and about and sort of dressing myself. I don't think I've slept for more than 2 1/2 hours at a time since we came home from the hospital, but Tim is amazing and makes sure I get enough naps to be able to function. We are just taking it really easy, one day and night at a time. Sometimes it's just one feeding at a time, depending on the amount of crying going on (either hers or mine - postpartum hormones are so crazy!). It's amazing how days and nights just run together when you have a new baby, and amazing how much stuff ends up everywhere - wipes, blankets, burp clothes, dishes, water bottles. It's  really about survival at this point, but I keep reminding myself that it will get better and even in just a week, we'll have made progress. In the meantime, I'll just keep enjoying my tiny snuggly baby. Love her!

2 comments:

  1. It does get better :) But you will really ever have a clean floor. Burp clothes get exchanged for blocks and blankets for cars :) Enjoy her tiny while you have her- you will never imagine how fast it goes and she is climbing out of her high chair and scaring the daylights out of you. I love you so much! She is so darling Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness she is absolutely adorable! So much hair, wow, what a cutie. And it totally does get better, this is such a brief moment (though it feels like it will never end) so enjoy her while she is still so small :). Congrats! Hope the birth went well

    ReplyDelete