Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Birthday weekend

Last weekend was my birthday (26!) and both to celebrate that and to have one last "just us" vacation, Tim and I spent the weekend relaxing and doing only fun things. I picked most of the fun things (re: birthday) but it ended up being a completely wonderful weekend.

We kicked it off with dinner at Brick Oven and ice cream at our house with some friends, which was delicious and fun and I am sad I forgot to take any pictures, especially of the AMAZING balloon animal giraffe I got at Brick Oven for my birthday. It was by far the best balloon animal giraffe I've ever seen!

Saturday morning we slept in, then eventually packed up and headed first to IKEA, which is the happiest place on earth in my book. We browsed, ate lunch, and picked up a few things I'd been wanting. Then over to my other favorite place, H&M, where I scored three shirts for $12 because I had a gift card. And they all currently fit over my big belly! 


Then we headed up to Salt Lake and checked into our hotel and basically did nothing but relaxed and napped and enjoyed being in a cool, clean, quiet place. This photo about sums it up. 


The view from the window:


And the Hilton from the outside. Oh so swanky, no?


Over to Olive Garden for dinner (great food, not so great service) and then to Gourmandise for dessert (we also got some muffins for breakfast the next day). A very international day, huh? Then we got to watch some of the Olympics and THEN we went down to the pool. Uh-mazing. It was so nice to have all the weight lifted off my joints and just float for a little while. Tim was super nice and let me use him as a paddle board so I could really just float. Getting out was hard.

Here I am at almost 35 weeks in a new H&M shirt before we went to dinner:


 The results of Gourmandise: strawberry tart, bread pudding, and yummy muffins.


We slept in super late on Sunday, then headed over to my parents' house for a birthday lunch/dinner and presents. Then it was back to Salt Lake for the crowning event: Wicked!!! My mom got me tickets for Christmas and holy cow, they were amazing seats. Second row of the balcony, dead center. And the show was so good - Tim and I had both seen it before but not for awhile and never together, so we were super excited. The cast was amazing, the show wonderful, and we haven't stopped singing songs from it yet. It was the perfect way to end our weekend.




Happy 26th to me, and happy last vacation to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment