Friday, July 13, 2012

Luck and Apricot Jam

Forget Friday the 13th - Thursday the 12th has always been a day marked by luck for me in one form or another. I remember being particularly lucky when I was in the 3rd grade; I think my team won during P.E. and I got to keep our poster or something along those lines. There were probably more things that were good that day, but that's the one I can vaguely recall. More than the actual lucky moments, it was established in my mind that Thursday the 12th was for me a lucky day far more.


In keeping with tradition, yesterday's Thursday the 12th was definitely luck-full, but it was all of the bad variety. My car died in the middle of a very busy road (like, so dead my hazard lights wouldn't come on) during the hottest part of a very hot day, our internet was down for most of the day, and I lost all the work I did from home during the afternoon to a corrupted flash drive. Lucky, lucky me. I'll have to be more careful of my plans on any Thursday the 12th from now on - the luck could go either way!


In other news, I took a stab at becoming a domestic goddess this week and attempted homemade apricot jam for the first time. Tim did most of the actual work but I will still claim credit, especially if it's turns out to be delicious! We are still waiting for it to set completely, but look how pretty the jars are!

No comments:

Post a Comment