Friday, October 21, 2011

Fall: Take 2


The warmer weather returned long enough for us to get some more dazzling fall colors. The brilliant reds and yellows on the mountains has drained into the valley trees and the sidewalks are starting to host piles of crunchy leaves. Even the trees still tenaciously hanging on to their green are edged with gold when the afternoon light starts to slant.


I am once again homesick for Pittsburgh and the beautiful "back East" that I know is experiencing all the glories of our fall, times a thousand. But I am grateful for what we have here, however brief it may be. I love watching the progression of the season - the way the leaves turn one at a time, then all at once, the way you can see every stage of autumn in a row of trees from summer green to almost bare. and I love the beautiful shade of blue against the bright reds and yellows. Sometimes I really think that color must have been invented during the fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment