Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Community

Sometimes I look up quotes from the TV show Community and I just laugh. For example...

Jeff: You know what makes humans different from other animals?
Troy: Feet.
Pierce: No, bears have feet.
Jeff: We're the only species on Earth that observes Shark Week. Sharks don't even observe Shark Week, but we do, for the same reason that I can pick up this pencil, tell you its name is Steve, and go like this -- *Breaks pencil in half; everyone gasps/cries out.* -- and part of you dies, just a little bit on the inside. Because people can connect with anything. We can sympathize with a pencil, we can forgive a shark, and we can give Ben Affleck an Academy Award for screenwriting.

Pierce: Abed, your social skills aren't exactly "streets ahead." Know what I mean?
Abed: I don't.
Jeff: You're not alone in this case.

Abed: Jeff, I think you should play the role of my father.
Jeff: I don't wanna be your father.
Abed: That's perfect. You already know your lines.

Troy: That's one of my biggest fears.
Abed: What is?
Troy: If I ever, like, woke up as a doughnut...
Abed: You would eat yourself.
Troy: I wouldn't even question it.

1 comment: