Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Elder Maryon

And just like that, he's gone. Into the MTC, there to stay for only three weeks, and then the real adventure begins. I admit I got teary at our goodbye, but soon I will be only happy and excited for Ethan/Elder Maryon. He's in the care of our Heavenly Father, and that's a good place to be. As he put it to my mother, "Just think of it this way...the Big Man in the Sky just won the custody battle." Heh.

I feel like we can finally breathe a little bit, now that the weddings and farewells are over and the missionary is on his way. I have plans to clean my kitchen today for the first time in...well, a while. I got pretty sick last week, but after a quick trip to the urgent care and a week of antibiotics, I'm feeling much better (albeit still soooo tired...but I blame Daylight Savings for that).

I think the feeling I have today, above all others, is just an awareness of how time is passing, how life is moving forward. Tim and I watched out wedding video the other night, and as I watched pictures of us flash by, I thought, what full lives we've have! We've done so much already, and yet our greatest adventures and joys and sorrows are still ahead of us.

It makes me think of one of my favorite songs, "More Time" by Needtobreathe:
I hoped that you could understand
This is not what I had planned
Please don't worry now
It will turn around
'Cause I need more time
Just a few more months and we'll be fine
So say what's on your mind
'Cause I can't figure out just what's inside


I heard this first when Tim and I were still doing that whole long-distance thing, and it was so apt. But now, it seems to apply no matter what's going on. Just a few more months and something will change, someone will turn, life will be different somehow. Both a sad and happy thought. Bittersweet, I think we call it.

No comments:

Post a Comment