Friday, September 23, 2011

Go see The Drowsy Chaperone


I just have one thing to say: go see The Drowsy Chaperone at the Hale Center Theater in Orem. That's the whole message: go see it. Now. It only has a week before it closes and there aren't very many tickets left, but go. Drop whatever you're doing next week to make it happen. Even if you have to sit in a single seat and your husband/wife/best friend/significant other/parent/sibling has to sit on the other side of the theater in a far away single seat, go. It's worth it.

Okay really, all exaggeration aside, I'm completely serious. Tim surprised me with tickets tonight and I've really wanted to see the show because I've heard good things about it, but it completely surpassed all my expectations. It was the best musical comedy I've seen in...possibly ever. Perfectly performed, brilliantly scripted, and absolutely hilarious. I wish that we had seen it much earlier so that we could have told people about it sooner, because it's the kind of hilarity that you just have to share with everyone you know.

And I'm also serious about there not being many seats left. Tim and I had to buy single seats that were near each other (a very nice lady and her daughter offered to switch us so we could sit together) but even if we'd been far apart, we still would have enjoyed it as much as we did. And we may or may not be considering buying tickets again for next week, so you should too. The Drowsy Chaperone is amazing - go see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment