Saturday, May 18, 2013

Liebster Award

My friend Lisa from Lisa the Lazy Blogger nominated me for a Liebster award. I hadn't heard of the Liebster award before, but I'm happy to play along! And can I just say that my life has been made better and infinitely cooler by Lisa? We've been friends since junior high and since I had no older sisters and Lisa had two, she passed on all kinds of wisdom and know-how. We braved choir and did lots of time-intensive projects together, and let me tell you, once you've done History Fair, those are bonds that can't be broken.

Here are the rules:
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Choose deserving bloggers and tag them in your post.
3. Tell them you've tagged them.
4. Answer 11 questions the tagger has asked you and give 11 questions to the people you've tagged.
5. No tag backs.

11 Random Facts About Moi:
1. I have never had a cavity. Not ever. Go me!

2. My dad and I took basic skiing lessons one winter (Rachel and Ethan took snowboarding lessons) and I was terrible. I took some major falls, went over an embankment at the bottom of the hill at one point, and would generally go down the slopes yelling, "Beginner! Get out of the way!" Sometimes funny, mostly embarrassing. 


3. I love love love artichokes. 


4. When I was in elementary school, my favorite books were The Babysitter's Club series and I even got the author Ann M. Martin's autograph at a book signing. 


5. Though I work for a scrapbook magazine publishing company, I have never actually created a scrapbook page. I have made cards and mini albums and sewing projects, but actual scrapbooking, not so much.


6. I have no skills on the dance floor but dancing is the number one talent I wish I had.


7. Gilmore Girls is by far my favorite TV show and I can quote large quantities of it from memory.


8. I am not a very forward person, so I can count the number I've times I've really put myself forward to speak up for myself: one, when I cut to the front of a very long line to get a boarding pass at the LAX airport; two, when I called UVU to fight the late registration fee Tim was being unfairly charged; and three, when the midwife-who-shall-not-be-named wanted to induce me at 41 weeks. 


9. I completely by accident won first place in my sixth grade Field Day girls' shot put event.


10. Even when I have no use for them, I can't resist looking at and/or buying frames, purses, and baskets/bins/drawers/things you put other things in/etc. And now that I say that, I realize that frames and purses fall into that category too. I might be slightly organization-obsessed...


11. I did lots of theater in high school and the two experiences that had the most meaning to me were being a part of Les Mis and playing Miss Willie in The Curious Savage.


And questions to answer from Lisa:

1. Super power you wish you had? I have always wanted to fly, but now that I have a little Georgie, I think I'd like to be able to pack a full night's sleep into three hours. That would be amazing!

2. Favorite musical artist you're embarrassed to admit you love? I admit it, N*Sync is still so fun to listen to. Good memories.


3. If you had to re-live one year of your life, what would it be? This is such a tough question! I've had some great years - senior year of high school, senior year of college (including the trip to England the summer before), living in Pittsburgh... I'd probably choose 2011, the year we went on our California road trip and this time, I'd make sure we really live it up and enjoy life with just the two of us before it all changed with a baby.


4. Favorite flower? I love roses but since that's kinda boring, I'll say rhododendron bushes as well.


5. What are you reading right now? Chicken Soup for the New Mom Soul, actually. Cheesy but kinda fun for me right now.


6. Favorite ride at Disneyland/world? I haven't been to Disneyland since I was ten, but  I remember the Indiana Jones ride being my top pick.


7. Pet peeve? Disrespect in any form. It just makes me want to slap people around.


8. Dream church calling? I loved being in the Primary presidency in my last ward and would pick doing that again in a heartbeat!


9. Favorite chick flick? Pride and Prejudice in any form (6 hour, Kiera Knightly, Bollywood, LDS).


10. Skydiving - yes or no? Yes! I went skydiving when I was 19 and it was awesome. I'd call it a once in a lifetime experience because I don't think I'll ever spend the money to do that again, but I'm very glad I did it once!


11. Money is no object, where would you most like to spend a week? So many choices! Off the top of my head, I'd say...Italy! Mama mia!


Bloggers I'm choosing to award:

Rachel (my sister!) from Shooting The Moon
Crys from He's Got My Whole World In My Hands
Sarah from Adam, Sarah, Logan Xhejms
Arika from Life As We Know It...

Questions to answer:
1. Current favorite TV show?
2. If you could give one piece advice to your 18-year-old self, what would it be?
3. $1000 shopping spree to the store of your choice - where would you spend it?
4. Celebrity you most admire/want to be like?
5. What's the best thing you've ever eaten?
6. What one thing do you wish you could get paid to do?
7. What's your favorite to use - Facebook, Twitter, Pintrest, Instagram, or something else social media ish.
8. Best $10 you ever spent?
9. Favorite candy/dessert (the one you just can't say no to)?
10. What is one of the oddest things you remember vividly from your childhood?
11. What do you consider to be your best feature?

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for doing this, Kate! It was so fun to read. I totally listen to n sync, too and we are definitely bonded for life for doing history fair together. :)

    ReplyDelete